Home from Home service is available to anyone who has a diagnosis of dementia and has been assessed by someone from Social Work. The assessment should show the benefits a small group setting would have for the person.
The service requires a referral from Social Work.
When we receive a referral a trained and experienced Project Worker will make contact with yourself or family/friends. A visit will be arranged to discuss how best we can meet your agreed outcomes and to also discuss the service and benefits of attending.
- The Home from Home Service provides the opportunity for people to meet in a small group, with others, who are having similar experiences. The idea is that people are receiving support within a homely environment and are being kept connected to their community.
- The Home from Home Service is hosted by a self employed Adult Placement Carer who owns the home and who works alongside another self employed carer.
- The day is from 10am – 3pm. Social Work can arrange transport from your home, either by taxi or voluntary driver. JDI can provide transport via the Adult Placement Carer however this would be discussed and agreed prior to commencing. If an escort is required then this can be arranged.
- Once it is agreed that Home from Home will suit your needs then we can arrange introductions. This will be at your own pace.
- During your time at Home from Home you will have morning coffee and lunch. Activities can be in house or out in the community. You will have the opportunity to voice your opinion and be involved in the planning of the days you attend.
- Project Worker for Home from Home will liaise with Social Work, Home Care and other Professionals as required.
- Project Worker will maintain contact and support family members.
- If required we can also offer support for GP/hospital appointments and additional support at times of family sickness or holidays.
Home from Home is Registered with the Care Inspectorate as an Adult Placement Service. You can view the most recent inspection reports by clicking the image below or request these directly from the service.
You can also view testimonies from our service users, staff, family & carers through the image below.